Arthritis Friendly Garden Tools To Love

Please note that the links in this post do lead you to Amazon. Should you purchase the item, a small amount is provided to me as a gift card (which I use to buy more garden supplies). You do not pay more to use these links.


Garden snips I go through like crazy. I use them so much I have at least four or five in different places in the garden. They do rust and the spring pops off and and gets lost. All garden snips have a lot of issues however I LOVE THEM. Perfect for making cuttings of tomatoes, snipping off diseased or dead leaves, deadheading flowers. After every "snip" the spring forces opens the garden snips open offering me arthritis happiness.

You can find these garden snips at Dollar Tree for $1 in the Spring. If not, these were the cheapest on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2Y8MuhK



Garden gloves with a water resistant coating on the palm side are a must for any gardener. I wash mine with other clothes but never put them through the dryer. When they become stiff or I poke a hole through the finger, I replace with a new pair. In addition to their gripping aid holding onto garden tools, they help keep your nails clean and prevent scratches and scrapes from plants and sand.

A one-size-fits-all Garden Glove is often found at dollar stores in the Springtime for $1. If you don't want to leave the house for them, or need a special size, Amazon has them here: https://amzn.to/30hIOga



This 14" handheld garden hoe is one of my favorites. Sandy soil does dull the blade rapidly and leaving it out in the rain doesn't help so I need a new one every few years. This is the one I keep going back and buying though. The blade slices weeds just below ground level.

Unable to find this locally. Amazon sells this Garden Hoe here: https://amzn.to/3eT3jnB


This multi-purpose Garden Knife (Hori Hori) does many things in my garden. It is used to saw off cabbage heads, saw off broccoli plants at the ground, cut deep into the soil to loosen lumps and clumps, cut roots, pry out plants to transplant or weeds that need to be removed, cutback eggplant plants, saw off banana leaves, and so much more. This does rust, as does anything in south Florida.

Found this Garden Knife at Walmart once but since then have not seen it, so my most recent purchase was online at Amazon here: https://amzn.to/2Ya6YGD



If you have arthritis, a Ratcheting Pruner is a necessity. These things are expensive to replace so they are kept in my garden produce basket that goes in and out of the garden with me. In just three to four squeezes your pruning cut is complete. While using these for a big project causes hand fatigue, I can't imagine doing it without a ratcheting action. Perfect when the Garden Knife is just not strong enough to cut through a cabbage plants' stem. 

Unable to find this anywhere locally, Amazon sells this Ratchet Pruner here: https://amzn.to/2BCabqZ




If you are anything like me... big shovel means I shovel BIG stuff. Being forced to "tone it down" I us this SHORT HANDLE shovel. It forces me to take smaller shovelfuls and take my time instead of trying to be super human and do too much. The short handle helps me manhandle the shovel for additional arthritis bliss.

Amazon sells this Short Handle Shovel here: https://amzn.to/2UgGcLA